Future Soldiers Community page
Army Strong logo
5660 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: May 12, 2011 11:43 PM by Hyzzle RSS
User 11 posts since
Jan 16, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

May 12, 2011 6:07 AM

Security Clearance

Ok I  fianlly got my medical waiver and processed at meps earlier this week. As far as i know everything went smoothly until the interview with the secruity clearance lady. I did not lie about anything, i have a nice collection of speeding violations (none have or were bumped down from reckless, and all are paid) and i called the courthouse to get all the dates and info on them. When i filled out yet another sheet in her office about them i did not know the dates off the top of my head, and she wouldnt let me see them in my packet so i know the dates are going to show different from each other. she ended up signing off on it, but i know that wasnt the end of it. I am wondering if there is a way to check the status of my clearance either through the dod or future soldier website (which i still cannot register with b/c my information cannot be found :/ ) its a while before i ship out but i do worry about little details like that any help would be much appreciated.

• MAOakley ArmySoldier 8,168 posts since
    Jun 9, 2009
    1. May 12, 2011 9:22 AM (in response to Hyzzle)
    Security Clearance

They won't officially start running your clearance until you report to BCT. If they have any questions, they will have a security interviewer speak to you while there. What MOS did you get? If you need Top Secret you are more than likely going to meet with a Security Screaner anyway.

• ArmySoldier 3,269 posts since
    Oct 27, 2009
    3. May 12, 2011 8:53 PM (in response to Hyzzle)
    Security Clearance

Hyzzle

I don't believe their is a secret clearance required for this job.  Check with your Army Recruiter to make sure.

Thank you for joining our Army..............

• MAOakley ArmySoldier 8,168 posts since
    Jun 9, 2009
    5. May 12, 2011 11:13 PM (in response to Hyzzle)
    Re: Security Clearance

It does require a Secret. Some assignments might require a Top Secret.

• derrick.y.buxton ArmySoldier 225 posts since
    Dec 4, 2009
    7. May 12, 2011 11:18 PM (in response to Hyzzle)
    Re: Security Clearance

There is no way for you to check the status of your clearance.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points